Can I switch from Lesstif to FVWM2 and back easily? - Motif

This is a discussion on Can I switch from Lesstif to FVWM2 and back easily? - Motif ; I am a beginner in Linux and I want to use FVWM2 as my main windows manager BUT I also want to run DDD which requires Lesstif. How can I switch from FVWM2 to Lesstif and back? Can I just ...

  1. Can I switch from Lesstif to FVWM2 and back easily?

    I am a beginner in Linux and I want to use FVWM2 as my main windows manager
    BUT I also want to run DDD which requires Lesstif. How can I switch from
    FVWM2 to Lesstif and back? Can I just have FVWM2 running as my desktop
    manager and run the Lesstif process and have DDD happy?

    Please answer to this newsgroup

    Thank you

  2. Re: Can I switch from Lesstif to FVWM2 and back easily?

    set your login to text mode so that you have a text based login. then do
    startx -e mwm. That will start the motif window manager for you when
    you need to use it. Otherwise just start your x server as you normally
    do to access fvwm

    > I am a beginner in Linux and I want to use FVWM2 as my main windows manager
    > BUT I also want to run DDD which requires Lesstif. How can I switch from
    > FVWM2 to Lesstif and back? Can I just have FVWM2 running as my desktop
    > manager and run the Lesstif process and have DDD happy?
    >
    > Please answer to this newsgroup
    >
    > Thank you

  3. Re: Can I switch from Lesstif to FVWM2 and back easily?

    Use of LessTif doesn't mean you have to switch window managers.
    I am developping LessTif but I never run the LessTif window
    manager. I am currently using icewm.

    So : you can use DDD with LessTif and continue to use fvwm2.

    Danny

    --
    Danny Backx (danny@gnu.org danny.backx@skynet.be)
    Home page : http://users.skynet.be/danny.backx