word wrapping in Motif 2.1 - Motif

This is a discussion on word wrapping in Motif 2.1 - Motif ; Hi, I am new to Motif programming. I have an application with a text widget word wrapping set to true. My problem : I should be able to set the word wrapping at a particular column which i specify in ...

  1. word wrapping in Motif 2.1

    Hi,

    I am new to Motif programming. I have an application with a text
    widget word wrapping set to true.

    My problem :

    I should be able to set the word wrapping at a particular column which
    i specify in the text widget

    Appreciate your help

    Thanks
    Pavan

  2. Re: word wrapping in Motif 2.1

    pavan wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to Motif programming. I have an application with a text
    > widget word wrapping set to true.
    >
    > My problem :
    >
    > I should be able to set the word wrapping at a particular column which
    > i specify in the text widget
    >
    > Appreciate your help
    >
    > Thanks
    > Pavan

    Word wrapping occurs when the text reaches the edge of the widget. So
    set XmNcolumns to the appropriate number, and XmNwidth to zero, and be
    sure that you turn off the horizontal scrollbar.
    Also, if the text widget is the child of a form, do not attach it on
    both sides if you always want it to wrap at that column (i.e., do not
    allow the text widget to be stretched by resizing the window).
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Associate Technical Fellow

+ Reply to Thread