spell checking using motif toolkit - Motif

This is a discussion on spell checking using motif toolkit - Motif ; Hi, I need to develop a spell checking routine for a X windows application written using Motif 2.1. I need help in finding out is there any easy way to write spell checking routine using Motif 2.1 ? Or is ...

  1. spell checking using motif toolkit

    Hi,

    I need to develop a spell checking routine for a X windows application
    written using Motif 2.1. I need help in finding out is there any easy
    way to write spell checking routine using Motif 2.1 ? Or is there a
    library for spell checking in Motif ?
    This should be developed on Redhat linux.

    I appreciate your help

    Thanks
    Pavan

  2. Re: spell checking using motif toolkit

    pavani_gutta@hotmail.com (pavan) wrote in news:78b37a62.0308251151.2b8d05e2
    @posting.google.com:
    > I need to develop a spell checking routine for a X windows application
    > written using Motif 2.1. I need help in finding out is there any easy
    > way to write spell checking routine using Motif 2.1 ? Or is there a
    > library for spell checking in Motif ?

    Motif does not have a spell check utility, though most versions of UNIX do.
    Integrating the 2 should be pretty simple, depending on what GUI you want.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: spell checking using motif toolkit

    Ken Lee wrote in message news:...
    > pavani_gutta@hotmail.com (pavan) wrote in news:78b37a62.0308251151.2b8d05e2
    > @posting.google.com:
    > > I need to develop a spell checking routine for a X windows application
    > > written using Motif 2.1. I need help in finding out is there any easy
    > > way to write spell checking routine using Motif 2.1 ? Or is there a
    > > library for spell checking in Motif ?

    > Motif does not have a spell check utility, though most versions of UNIX do.
    > Integrating the 2 should be pretty simple, depending on what GUI you want.
    >
    > Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

    Thanks Ken Lee.

    I am using a text widget and when a user clicks on spell check menu
    item,i want to spell check in the text whatever the user entered in
    the text widget. Could you please suggest me any utility on linux for
    spell checking /

    Thanks for your help

    Pavani

+ Reply to Thread