Re: Open gl colours vs X colours on Solaris - Motif

This is a discussion on Re: Open gl colours vs X colours on Solaris - Motif ; In article andy@badleys.co.uk (Andy Foster) writes: >Can anyone explain why there is such a large discrepancy in the >colours visible on screen for a given RGB value between open-gl and X >on Solaris. It may be the 2 programs are ...

  1. Re: Open gl colours vs X colours on Solaris

    In article <522fe384.0308040116.60edc900@posting.google.com> andy@badleys.co.uk (Andy Foster) writes:
    >Can anyone explain why there is such a large discrepancy in the
    >colours visible on screen for a given RGB value between open-gl and X
    >on Solaris.

    It may be the 2 programs are using different visuals. I have one program
    that used to use the last TrueColor visual it found rather than the first,
    and the colors were very different from other windows. I modified the program
    to use the first visual, and that fixed it.

    I think the difference between the visuals is the gamma correction.

    Use xdpyinfo to see if you have multiple visuals for a particular visual type.

    -Pete Zakel
    (phz@seeheader.nospam)

    "A real person has two reasons for doing anything ... a good reason and
    the real reason."

  2. Re: Open gl colours vs X colours on Solaris

    The OpenGL colors are from using a visual with gamma correction which
    boosts the brightness of mid-range values in each of red, green, and blue.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=solar...rected+visuals

    --
    Mike Stroyan, mike.stroyan@hp.com

+ Reply to Thread