character wrapping in a ScrolledTextWidget? - Motif

This is a discussion on character wrapping in a ScrolledTextWidget? - Motif ; Hi I have a scrolled text widget in my application with the vertical scroll enabled. In order to get the text to wrap to the next line, I can enable wordwrap, fine, but the text I am using does not ...

  1. character wrapping in a ScrolledTextWidget?

    Hi

    I have a scrolled text widget in my application with the vertical scroll
    enabled. In order to get the text to wrap to the next line, I can enable
    wordwrap, fine, but the text I am using does not contain spaces. I want
    the text to just wrap round when it reaches the end of the line anyway.
    How can I do this? This seems difficult to me but is there a setting to
    determine on what the word wrap actually wraps? At the moment it just runs
    out on one long line...

    thanks!

  2. Re: character wrapping in a ScrolledTextWidget?

    gwj02 wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a scrolled text widget in my application with the vertical scroll
    > enabled. In order to get the text to wrap to the next line, I can enable
    > wordwrap, fine, but the text I am using does not contain spaces. I want
    > the text to just wrap round when it reaches the end of the line anyway.
    > How can I do this? This seems difficult to me but is there a setting to
    > determine on what the word wrap actually wraps? At the moment it just runs
    > out on one long line...
    >
    > thanks!

    Try setting the scrollHorizontal resource to False - the widget will then
    wrap at the width of the text window.

    Regards,

    Rob.

+ Reply to Thread