Linux - Motif

This is a discussion on Linux - Motif ; Hi, Is this the right place to ask queries on Motif programming on Linux. I believe Linux GUI is made with Motif? Vivek...

  1. Linux

    Hi,

    Is this the right place to ask queries on Motif programming on Linux.

    I believe Linux GUI is made with Motif?

    Vivek

  2. Re: Linux

    "Vivek" wrote in message news:...

    > Is this the right place to ask queries on Motif programming on Linux.

    You may ask about Motif programming on any operating system here.

    > I believe Linux GUI is made with Motif?

    There is no "Linux GUI". If you mean GNOME or KDE, no, they use GTk and Qt,
    respectively.

    --- Casantos

  3. Re: Linux

    In article you wrote:
    > Is this the right place to ask queries on Motif programming on Linux.

    Yes, Linux or any other OS for which you can get Motif.

    > I believe Linux GUI is made with Motif?

    You may create programs for Linux with GUIs using Motif, yes. Motif
    is just one widget kit which builds on Xt/Xlib. Others are writing
    Linux applications using Xaw or Xaw3d, Gtk, Qt, and other widget kits.
    No one kit is more correct than any other.

    --
    Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu
    MS Windows *is* user-friendly, but only for certain values of "user".

+ Reply to Thread