Getting a window's name - Motif

This is a discussion on Getting a window's name - Motif ; hey all, Hopefully this is the right group... I'm trying to search through the list of open windows on an X11 system and find one with a certain name in the title bar. I've got code that successfully surfs through ...

  1. Getting a window's name

    hey all,

    Hopefully this is the right group...

    I'm trying to search through the list of open windows on an X11 system and
    find one with a
    certain name in the title bar.

    I've got code that successfully surfs through the XQueryTree results, but I
    can't find anything about getting
    the window name from the Window ptr that XQueryTree gives me back. I've
    never developed
    on X11 or Unix/Linux much for that matter so I'm groping in the dark for
    something I can use here.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    harpstein

  2. Re: Getting a window's name

    Harpstein wrote:

    > hey all,
    >
    > Hopefully this is the right group...
    >
    > I'm trying to search through the list of open windows on an X11 system and
    > find one with a
    > certain name in the title bar.
    >
    > I've got code that successfully surfs through the XQueryTree results, but I
    > can't find anything about getting
    > the window name from the Window ptr that XQueryTree gives me back. I've
    > never developed
    > on X11 or Unix/Linux much for that matter so I'm groping in the dark for
    > something I can use here.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > harpstein