disabling the locale - Motif

This is a discussion on disabling the locale - Motif ; does anybody know how I can disable the locale mechanism in Motif? It is causing me a lot of problems and I don't even need locale support in my application, so the best way should be disbling it...

  1. disabling the locale

    does anybody know how I can disable the locale mechanism in Motif?

    It is causing me a lot of problems and I don't even need locale
    support in my application, so the best way should be disbling it

  2. Re: disabling the locale

    Luca wrote:
    > does anybody know how I can disable the locale mechanism in Motif?
    >
    > It is causing me a lot of problems and I don't even need locale
    > support in my application, so the best way should be disbling it

    The solution may be to set the locale to "C"

    putenv("LANG=C");
    setlocale(LC_ALL, "C");

    at the begin of programm.

    Regards,

    Jean-Jacques

  3. Re: disabling the locale

    Hi Luca,

    Luca wrote:
    > Jean-Jacques Sarton wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Luca wrote:
    >>
    >>>does anybody know how I can disable the locale mechanism in Motif?
    >>>
    >>>It is causing me a lot of problems and I don't even need locale
    >>>support in my application, so the best way should be disbling it

    >>The solution may be to set the locale to "C"
    >>
    >>putenv("LANG=C");
    >>setlocale(LC_ALL, "C");
    >>
    >>at the begin of programm.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Jean-Jacques

    > can I set the value of the environment variable LANG to "C" "off-line"
    > and then arrange my program as follows?:
    > ***************************************
    > . . . *
    > int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { *
    > . . . *
    > XtSetLanguageProc(NULL,NULL,NULL); *
    > XtOpenApplication(. . .); *
    > . . . *
    > } *
    > ***************************************
    >
    > I'm not sure whether I have to use the XtSetLanguageProc or not, that
    > is if I have to comment out the line 'XtSetLanguageProc(NULL, NULL,
    > NULL);'

    You can set the LANG variable outside of the program. Further
    modifications are not necessary XtSetLanguageProc(NULL,NULL,NULL);
    will set the internal language environment (used string rendereing
    functions, ...) to the proper values.

    Regards,

    Jean-Jacques

+ Reply to Thread