XmDrawingArea destination callback - Motif

This is a discussion on XmDrawingArea destination callback - Motif ; XmDrawingArea claims to have an XmNdestination callback, but I have yet to be able to see any evidence that it is ever called. I register an XmNdestinationCallback on a drawing area, but it is never called, either for a drag-n-drop ...

  1. XmDrawingArea destination callback

    XmDrawingArea claims to have an XmNdestination callback,
    but I have yet to be able to see any evidence that it is ever called.

    I register an XmNdestinationCallback on a drawing area,
    but it is never called, either for a drag-n-drop or for a
    primary selection drop.

    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt

  2. Re: XmDrawingArea destination callback

    Fred wrote:
    > XmDrawingArea claims to have an XmNdestination callback,
    > but I have yet to be able to see any evidence that it is ever called.

    simple_drop.c
    from the Motif Programmer's Guide is using it,
    so I guess it must have been working at some point in time.
    http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=.../simple_drop.c
    I don't know if that counts as evidence ;-)

    Best regards,

    DuĊĦan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si

  3. Re: XmDrawingArea destination callback

    On Nov 3, 1:38*pm, arahne wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    > > XmDrawingArea claims to have an XmNdestination callback,
    > > but I have yet to be able to see any evidence that it is ever called.

    > simple_drop.c
    > from the Motif Programmer's Guide is using it,
    > so I guess it must have been working at some point in time.http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=...XmNdestination...
    > I don't know if that counts as evidence ;-)

    The secret is to call XmeDropSink(w, NULL, 0) before adding a
    destination callback.

    You have to do this to enable the destination callback on a
    DrawingArea (not docimented),
    but you do not have to do it to enable the destination callback on a
    Container.
    This seems to be inconsistent.
    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt