Call to XBell() ... no sound! - Motif

This is a discussion on Call to XBell() ... no sound! - Motif ; Hi, I'm looking at a problem where a call to XBell() results in no sound from the internal speaker. On reboot I do get a sound ("beep beep!"), so I know there is an internal speaker and that it's enabled ...

  1. Call to XBell() ... no sound!

    Hi,

    I'm looking at a problem where a call to XBell() results in no sound
    from the internal speaker. On reboot I do get a sound ("beep beep!"),
    so I know there is an internal speaker and that it's enabled on the
    machine. The only other interesting thing is the machine does have a
    working sound card.

    Any clues?

    Thanks,
    Jevon

  2. Re: Call to XBell() ... no sound!

    Posted too soon. Turned out to be a missing Kernal module for PC
    speaker support.

    On Oct 16, 1:38*pm, cantthinkofanickname
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking at a problem where a call to XBell() results in no sound
    > from the internal speaker. On reboot I do get a sound ("beep beep!"),
    > so I know there is an internal speaker and that it's enabled on the
    > machine. The only other interesting thing is the machine does have a
    > working sound card.
    >
    > Any clues?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jevon