X_QueryColors - Motif

This is a discussion on X_QueryColors - Motif ; I'm getting an error with X windows/Motif: The colormap is a 32 bit display. XQueryCOlor(dpy, cmap, &color) X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) Major opcode of failed request: 91 (X_QueryColors) Value in failed ...

  1. X_QueryColors

    I'm getting an error with X windows/Motif:

    The colormap is a 32 bit display.

    XQueryCOlor(dpy, cmap, &color)

    X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range
    for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 91 (X_QueryColors)
    Value in failed request: 0xffffffeb
    Serial number of failed request: 3202

    Culd you tell me what the error is?

    best,
    Cartik

  2. Re: X_QueryColors

    On Aug 26, 5:52*pm, "cartik.sha...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > I'm getting an error with X windows/Motif:
    >
    > The colormap is a 32 bit display.
    >
    > XQueryCOlor(dpy, cmap, &color)
    >
    > X Error of failed request: *BadValue (integer parameter out of range
    > for operation)
    > * Major opcode of failed request: *91 (X_QueryColors)
    > * Value in failed request: *0xffffffeb
    > * Serial number of failed request: *3202
    > * Current serial number in output stream: *3202
    >
    > Culd you tell me what the error is?

    color.pixel is out of range when you call XQueryColor for your
    colormap.
    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt

+ Reply to Thread