Receiving a Drop from QT/GTK - Motif

This is a discussion on Receiving a Drop from QT/GTK - Motif ; Hello, I am writing a Motiff app, and trying to receive a drop from either konqueror or nautilus, but it seems that it is not possible. I have tried xplore [1], a file manager written with Motif: it can drag ...

  1. Receiving a Drop from QT/GTK

    Hello,

    I am writing a Motiff app, and trying to receive a drop from either
    konqueror or nautilus, but it seems that it is not possible.
    I have tried xplore [1], a file manager written with Motif: it can
    drag and drop *to* QT/GTK apps, but can not receive. Also, I found
    similar statements in KDE (2.0... rather old, I know) documentation
    [2].

    So, I am still in doubt: is to possible for a Motif application to
    receive drops from a QT/GTK applications?

    Thanks in advance,
    Maxi

    [1] http://www.musikwissenschaft.uni-mai...e/FAQ.html#1-4
    [2] http://developer.kde.org/documentati...l#ch07lev1sec1

  2. Re: Receiving a Drop from QT/GTK

    > So, I am still in doubt: is to possible for a Motif application to
    > receive drops from a QT/GTK applications?

    I think gtk apps use either "text/plain" or "text/uri-list" -- you can
    define X atoms for these, then add them to your list of targets.
    Snd's snd-xdrop.c has example code (I just tested it with Nautilus).

+ Reply to Thread