Openmotif 2.3 png support - Motif

This is a discussion on Openmotif 2.3 png support - Motif ; Hey there First of all, excuse my poor english. I'm trying to use the XmGetPixmap as to load png image. Everything work pretty well when I specify a background color, but it's not exactly what I need... The thing is ...

  1. Openmotif 2.3 png support

    Hey there

    First of all, excuse my poor english.

    I'm trying to use the XmGetPixmap as to load png image. Everything work
    pretty well when I specify a background color, but it's not exactly what
    I need...

    The thing is I have a first PNG image that I print on a drawing area, and
    I'd like to print another png image above the last one, so that the
    background of the second png image would be the first png one.

    I've googled a lot but I can't find anything about it. I've tried to set
    the background color to XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXEL but I get a black background
    color :s

    Any Idea would be greatly apreciated Thanks a lot !

  2. Re: Openmotif 2.3 png support

    Quentin Casasnovas wrote:
    > Hey there
    >
    > First of all, excuse my poor english.
    >
    > I'm trying to use the XmGetPixmap as to load png image. Everything work
    > pretty well when I specify a background color, but it's not exactly what
    > I need...
    >
    > The thing is I have a first PNG image that I print on a drawing area, and
    > I'd like to print another png image above the last one, so that the
    > background of the second png image would be the first png one.
    >
    > I've googled a lot but I can't find anything about it. I've tried to set
    > the background color to XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXEL but I get a black background
    > color :s
    >
    > Any Idea would be greatly apreciated Thanks a lot !

    First thing: Only 32 bit PNG images (24 bit + 8 bit alpha)
    work correctly in OpenMotif 2.3, according to my experience.

    I do not think Motif that supports image compositing.
    But maybe on a XmPushButton, a combination of
    XmNbackgroundPixamp and XmNlabelPixmap can get you close to what you need.

    Best regards,

    DuĊĦan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si

+ Reply to Thread