Question reg XtAppAddWorkProc - Motif

This is a discussion on Question reg XtAppAddWorkProc - Motif ; I add a work procedure using XtAppAddWorkProc() from task Task1. Under which task's context the registered work procedure is executed? Is it called from my event loop? Thanx...

  1. Question reg XtAppAddWorkProc

    I add a work procedure using XtAppAddWorkProc() from task Task1.
    Under which task's context the registered work procedure is executed?
    Is it called from my event loop?
    Thanx

  2. Re: Question reg XtAppAddWorkProc

    On Mar 3, 4:58*am, Senthil Kumar wrote:
    > I add a work procedure using XtAppAddWorkProc() from task Task1.
    > Under which task's context the registered work procedure is executed?
    > Is it called from my event loop?
    > Thanx

    The first parameter you pass in the call to XtAppAddWorkProc is
    the context, So whatever context you pass, that is the context used.

    Once you return to the event loop, the function you pass it will be
    called
    as soon as there are no more events in the queue.
    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt

+ Reply to Thread