List widget entries not displayed - Motif

This is a discussion on List widget entries not displayed - Motif ; Sorry for posting an incomplete request previously,Please ignore it I am trying to create a list by using xmListWidgetClass with vertical scroll bar inside xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass, the code snippet is as below abc = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( "abc", xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass, def, abc_list = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( ...

  1. List widget entries not displayed

    Sorry for posting an incomplete request previously,Please ignore it

    I am trying to create a list by using xmListWidgetClass with vertical
    scroll bar inside xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass, the code snippet is as
    below

    abc = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( "abc",
    xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass,
    def,

    abc_list = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( "abc_list",
    xmListWidgetClass,
    abc,
    NULL );

    But if i popluate the abc_list with more than 5000 rows and try to
    open the application i see a blank list with vertical scrollbar. If i
    forcefully select items via mouse the items get highlighted but once
    after moving the vertical scroll bar and trying to see the list
    contents makes the list items invisible.

    Can anybody suggest some solutions, is there a limit on the no of
    items we can put in the list

  2. Re: List widget entries not displayed

    On Jan 1, 10:01*pm, tech9qu...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Sorry for posting an incomplete request previously,Please ignore it
    >
    > I am trying to create a list by using xmListWidgetClass with vertical
    > scroll bar inside xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass, the code snippet is as
    > below
    >
    > abc = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( "abc",
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * xmScrolledWindowWidgetClass,
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * def,
    >
    > abc_list = XtVaCreateManagedWidget( "abc_list",
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * xmListWidgetClass,
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * abc,
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * NULL );
    >
    > But if i popluate the abc_list with more than 5000 rows and try to
    > open the application i see a blank list with vertical scrollbar. If i
    > forcefully select items via mouse the items get highlighted but once
    > after moving the vertical scroll bar and trying to see the list
    > contents makes the list items invisible.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest some solutions, is there a limit on the no of
    > items we can put in the list

    Instead of creating a scrolled window and a list child, try using
    the more convenient:
    wList = XmCreateScrolledList( parent, name, args, numargs)

    How are you populating the list?

    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt

+ Reply to Thread