copy/paste text buffer in X? - Motif

This is a discussion on copy/paste text buffer in X? - Motif ; I hava window in a game client which users type text into which is then displayed in another window. Does anyone know how I can make the window which is used for text be able to receive pasted text? For ...

  1. copy/paste text buffer in X?

    I hava window in a game client which users type text into which is
    then displayed in another window. Does anyone know how I can make the
    window which is used for text be able to receive pasted text? For
    example cut from one application in X and paste it into the game
    client text entry box window. Any code example would be appreciated.
    Right now you can only manually type in text. Also my next question is
    how can I make the text in the other message window (where it is
    displayed) copyable? Right now I can't select it with my mouse if I
    try to select the text. This is just regular X functions but I'm
    asking in here since I can't find another newsgroup dealing with X
    programming that isn't idle. If the solution given is Motif that is
    also fine though I'd need to know how to setup my Makefile for Motif.

    Zach

  2. Re: copy/paste text buffer in X?

    On 2007-11-12, Zach wrote:

    > I hava window in a game client which users type text into which is
    > then displayed in another window. Does anyone know how I can make the
    > window which is used for text be able to receive pasted text? For
    > example cut from one application in X and paste it into the game
    > client text entry box window. Any code example would be appreciated.
    > Right now you can only manually type in text. Also my next question is
    > how can I make the text in the other message window (where it is
    > displayed) copyable? Right now I can't select it with my mouse if I
    > try to select the text. This is just regular X functions but I'm
    > asking in here since I can't find another newsgroup dealing with X
    > programming that isn't idle. If the solution given is Motif that is
    > also fine though I'd need to know how to setup my Makefile for Motif.
    >
    > Zach

    Do not post the same message separately to two different newsgroups.
    Prefer cross-posting instead (only to relevant newsgroups of course, and
    only if you must). I already answered to your question at
    comp.windows.x, before I saw that you also posted it here.

    --
    John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
    http://nuclear.sdf-eu.org/

+ Reply to Thread