Re: XmScrolledWindow does not show all data - Motif

This is a discussion on Re: XmScrolledWindow does not show all data - Motif ; kankan wrote: > Hi all! > > I have created a XmForm and added to that a vertical XmRowColumn > widget that contains ~2500 labels and added it into XmScrolledWindow > widget. But scrolled window shows only ~1500 labels. > ...

  1. Re: XmScrolledWindow does not show all data

    kankan wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > I have created a XmForm and added to that a vertical XmRowColumn
    > widget that contains ~2500 labels and added it into XmScrolledWindow
    > widget. But scrolled window shows only ~1500 labels.
    > When I make some label multi-line then last visible labels have been
    > moved out of scrolled window visible area.
    >
    > What should I do to resolve this problem?

    Probably this post belongs more to
    comp.windows.x.motif

    In X Window, windows can not be bigger than 32768.
    Normally this is more than enough, but a large contents of
    scrolled window could be bigger.
    If you use the XmAUTOMATIC scrollbar policy, XmScrolledWindow
    widget does everything for you, but your widget must be smaller
    than maximum window.
    If you need more, you have two paths:

    1) Set XmNscrollingPolicy to XmCONSTANT, manage your own
    scrollbars as needed, don't create the huge list, but just a
    small "viewport" list, and update it as the scrollbar is moved.
    I would not advise this way, as it is too much work.

    2) Use a custom widget capable of handling big lists properly.
    I am using the open source Microline widgets, XmLGrid,
    used to be part of Netscape Navigator, when it was still Motif based.
    Now it is included in nedit, so you can get it as part of nedit
    source.
    http://www.nedit.org
    The Microline directory of nedit's source also contains examples
    of use of widgets, and the man pages.
    With XmLGrid widget, I can display a list with 100.000 entries
    in my application.

    Hope this helps,

    Dušan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si

  2. Re: XmScrolledWindow does not show all data

    On Nov 2, 8:03 am, arahne wrote:
    > Hope this helps,

    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread