Re: Can i use CA signed cert to create client authentication certificates ? - modssl

This is a discussion on Re: Can i use CA signed cert to create client authentication certificates ? - modssl ; Hi, Asking every time does make it complicated. I can't remember if the firefox default is to ask or auto supply (and it has changed behavior between 1/2/3 AFAIK ), I have it as ask every time. Anyway the ask ...

  1. Re: Can i use CA signed cert to create client authentication certificates ?

    Hi,

    Asking every time does make it complicated. I can't remember if the firefox default is to ask or auto supply (and it has changed behavior between 1/2/3 AFAIK), I have it as ask every time.

    Anyway the ask every time FF behavior isn't very nice for users (auto supply is probably fine formost users). FF will also ask for a cert every session ID change.

    As you know there isn't an ask once option, which would be very nice. I don'tthink there is much that can be done to "fix" it other than coding up an "ask once" option in FF (which I haven't got the time to do ).

    Anyway you may also want to use/need the "SSLOptions +OptRenegotiate" if you have portions of the site that do and don't require client certs. It can help greatly with IE. Sometimes IE goes a little funny and renegotiates sessionsall the time going from non-client cert to client cert areas.

    Regards
    Matt