Greetings,

I'm attempting to allow large uploads.
Server signature is: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/
0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8

Initially the server was returning 413 errors with the Apache "Entity
Too Large" error page.

The first move was to use the Apache directive LimitRequestBody.
This appeared to do the job for about one week.

Just today users are reporting the 413 are occurring again. I verified
this was also occurring independently on my development server as
well.

The Apache log entries are:
"request body exceeds maximum size for SSL buffer"

Oddly, after tinkering around for a couple of hours, the problem
stopped occurring on both the development server, and the production
server. I cannot duplicate the problem, and neither can my end users.

My theory:
There is some mechanism which defines SSL_MAX_IO_BUFFER based on the
presence of the Apache2 LimitRequestBody directive. This mechanism has
a transient bug.

Does anyone have any special insight, or suggestions?

Dylan Doxey
San Diego, CA