Error when trying shmcb SSLSessionCache on 64-bit Windows - modssl

This is a discussion on Error when trying shmcb SSLSessionCache on 64-bit Windows - modssl ; Hi All I'm running Apache 2.2.9 on Windows Server 2003 (64-bit version) in a production environment with mod_ssl configured. The only type of SSLSessionCache I am able to use is dbm. If I try the memory-based cache (shmcb, shmht or ...

  1. Error when trying shmcb SSLSessionCache on 64-bit Windows

    Hi All
    I'm running Apache 2.2.9 on Windows Server 2003 (64-bit version) in a
    production environment with mod_ssl configured. The only type of
    SSLSessionCache I am able to use is dbm. If I try the memory-based cache
    (shmcb, shmht or just shm), I get this error:

    Syntax error on line 62 of C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
    Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf:
    SSLSessionCache: Invalid argument: size has to be >= 8192 bytes

    Their is nothing wrong with the way the argument is set. This is what the
    line looks like:

    SSLSessionCache "shmcb:C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
    Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/ssl_scache(512000)"

    I tried different argument values to no avail.

    I realize their is no official version of httpd for 64-bit Windows. I found
    an unofficial one, but that one doesn't work at all. It appears to have
    other issues. Besides, I'd rather use a production-ready, offical version
    even if it is 32-bit.

    Any comments will be greatly appreciated

    Regards

    Johan Hoogenboezem

  2. RE: Error when trying shmcb SSLSessionCache on 64-bit Windows

    Hi Martin
    1) I'm still reluctant to use an unofficial build, but its good to know
    others are using it.
    2) Wow, well spotted with your "(x86)" theory! It also failed with a
    relative path: logs/ssl_scache(512000), but depending on how the relative
    path is being translated to an absolute path behind the scenes, you might
    still be right... I'll try it out as soon as I can and let you know.
    Thanks a lot
    Johan