    From: owner-modssl-users@modssl.org
    [mailtowner-modssl-users@modssl.org]On Behalf Of David P. Mott
    Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:04 PM
    To: modssl-users@modssl.org
    Subject: RE: Need to add/enable/install mod_ssl

    That doesn't sound right.

    Don't you need a statement like this in your httpd.conf file?

    LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

    The statements that you mentioned will do stuff /only/ if the ssl module
    is loaded (that's what IfModule means -- If the Module is Present).

    -Dave

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Tan, Liao wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > Im told that having the directives in httpd.conf
    >

    > SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
    > SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
    >

    > means that my apache is configured with mod_ssl (thanks to the guy that told me so!)
    >
    > Now the question risen up is how do I do to have my https working? As I mentioned below, already have all certificates and their directives configured.
    >
    > Thanks for your attention.
    >
    > Ingrid

  2. RE: Need to add/enable/install mod_ssl

    I pulled that exact line from my win32 version of Apache 2.2.4.

    Server Version: Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8
    Server Built: Jan 9 2007 23:17:20

    -Dave

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Tan, Liao wrote:

    > David,
    >
    > that was what I thought earlier. But since Im told this directive is
    > for Apache 1.x, and not Apache 2.0 (which is mine), I wonder how differ
    > the directive to include to httpd.conf. What I mean is that I think I hv
    > the mod_ssl installed, but not enabled yet, and to enable, if its
    > simply adding the directives in httpd file, and the exact syntax for
    > version 2.0.
    >
    > Still searching for the solution.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ingrid