On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:13 AM, John Minson wrote:
> I have to re-create mod_ssl 2.8.1 for an old version of apache (1.3.19) and
> even though I have it/they compiled I'm confused about 2 things .
>
> I have several servers with various kevels of apache and mod_ssl.
>
> The mod_ssl lib seems to be called 'mod_ssl.so' in some cases and
> 'libssl.so' in others . ?
>
> The 'libssl.so' I just created is 272328 bytes in size where on another
> server its 1884650 bytes in size . Is this due to the way it was linked ?
>
> I have not yet tested my newly compiled libssl .

Sounds like the libssl.so file you create is dynamically linked
whereas the old version is statically linked. what does ldd show you
for both?

Btw I hope this apache server is internal unless you like getting your
server compromised. Look at all the changes (especially security wise)
that has been fixed since that version:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_1.3