> Trying to upgrade a freebsd 6.1 that is running "Apache/1.3.39 (Unix)
> PHP/5.2.4 with Suhosin-Patch" to include mod_ssl.
> It makes, with no problems but when I install it, it requiers Apache to be
> deinstalled, the big problem is that Apache has a few required packages
> that can not be removed with out a lot of problems.

You should be able to do a full "make" without deinstalling the old
Apache. If make words, then it should only take a minute to do a "make
deinstall reinstall." Of course, this doesn't account for time tweaking
the conf files and debugging. This is why you really need a development
machine that is essentially a mirror of the critical app server so you
can do test runs and such. Or a 2nd (or 3rd) app server for redundancy
if this server is so important. In any case, you *will* at some point
have to down your web server to do the upgrade. That is unavoidable.

Aaron Dalton | Super Duper Games |
Automated List Manager