Christa

Glyn Astill
Sent by: owner-modssl-users@modssl.org
08/16/2007 02:54 PM
Please respond to
modssl-users@modssl.org

cc

Subject
Re: Question about setting up openssl with apache

When I installed openssl here on Netbsd it put an example config file
in /usr/share/examples/openssl/openssl.cnf and I copied that. Have
you searched to see if there is one anywhere?

--- Christa.Packer@consolidated.com wrote:

> We're using apache and its reverse proxy features to access domino
> servers. Working well, but would like to add SSL to secure it
> before we
> make it available to the web. We have installed Apache 2.2.3 on a
> Windows
> 2003 server with openssl 0.9.8c. When I try to create a
> certificate
> signing request it says it is unable to load config info form
> c:\opensll\openssl.conf. I don't have this directory or file on
> the
> server. Is there something additional I need to install or
> configure, or
> do I need to just copy an example conf file and edit appropriately.
>
> Sorry for such a basic question, this is my first exposure to
> openssl and
> I've scoured the docs.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Christa
>

> Christa A. Packer
> Consolidated Communications
> Systems Administrator
> christa.packer@consolidated.com
> 217-235-3335

Glyn Astill

--=_alternative 006D997386257339_=

Thanks very much.  I found it.

Christa

Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>

Sent by: owner-modssl-users@modssl.org

08/16/2007 02:54 PM

Please respond to

modssl-users@modssl.org

modssl-users@modssl.org

cc

Subject

Re: Question about setting up openssl
with apache

When I installed openssl here on Netbsd it put an
example config file

in /usr/share/examples/openssl/openssl.cnf and I copied that. Have

you searched to see if there is one anywhere?

--- Christa.Packer@consolidated.com wrote:

> We're using apache and its reverse proxy features to access domino

> servers.  Working well, but would like to add SSL to secure it

> before we

> make it available to the web.  We have installed Apache 2.2.3
on a

> Windows

> 2003 server with openssl 0.9.8c.  When I try to create a

> certificate

> signing request it says it is unable to load config info form

> c:\opensll\openssl.conf.  I don't have this directory or file
on

> the

> server.  Is there something additional I need to install or

> configure, or

> do I need to just copy an example conf file and edit appropriately.

> Sorry for such a basic question, this is my first exposure to

> openssl and

> I've scoured the docs.

> Thanks for any assistance.

> Christa