Hi Aaron,

As I uderstand, the docks say you can't have name based virtual hosts
because SSL is alreday serving the page before apache sees any http
header?

In the example I posted, https://mail.mydomain.net works and takes me
to my webmail, and https://machinename.mydomain.net works and takes
me to my main webpage, however https://.nydomain.net or
https://www.mydomain.net refuses the connection.

This I don't understand. If it can see mail.mydomain.net and take me
there, and it can see machinename.mydomain.net and take me there why
can't it take me to www.mydomain.net?

All I really need is mail.mydomain.net to take me to my webmail, and
anything else to just go to htdocs as normal. Can I set this up with
just one virtual host, and then some sort of catch all filter for
everything else?

Thanks
Glyn