From: owner-modssl-users@modssl.org
[mailtowner-modssl-users@modssl.org] On Behalf Of Omar W. Hannet
Sent: 18 June 2007 17:06
To: modssl-users@modssl.org
Subject: Re: SSL by Domain Name Error

What's the result when you set ServerName to your domain
name within the virtual host?:

ServerName example.com
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/server.key

Rob Archer wrote:
> Thanks for the response, I'm using the following in the httpd.conf
> file:-
>=20
>
> SSLMutex default
> SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
> SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
> SSLSessionCache none
> ErrorLog logs/ssl.log
> LogLevel info
>

>=20
>
> SSLEngine On
> SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/server.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/server.key
>

>=20
>=20

(using
>> http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=3DApacheSSL

> instructions) and
>> can access https via the IP address of the web server but not the
>> domain name. When trying to get the to the webserver via the

> domain
>> name through https it says internet explorer cannot display this

> web
>> page. Using the normal http protocol I can get the "It Works"

page
>> through both IP address and domain name.
>>=20=20=20=20=20=20
>> Have tried to get around this by fiddling about with the virtual
>> hosts settings but haven't found any solution. Can anyone help=20
>> !!!

>=20
> You might try adding a NameVirtualHost directive:
>=20
> NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443
>=20
> (Your own IP address in place of '1.2.3.4'.)
>=20
> If that doesn't help, please show us the block for this=20
> domain in your current Apache configuration.

Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0z...GyOCrrhg=3D=3D
1zjrSD8hWEe96repmpaOSdLMvmLORniQDfYJTSjBfD!nkU9R0u 8dlLFoNT85Zo6jf9yegQzk
pg9iGvxGJKsNeMk8vpdiUWF8qBDGGfaGgdaAcnXV!xUKnI0Xzk SD3mUR0s5mD0+fIpcaD4yO
5vBMHXJE1FQ0bouh7TVke8vo28dsfWWo4QK!9LC to report this email as spam.