From: owner-modssl-users@modssl.org
[mailtowner-modssl-users@modssl.org] On Behalf Of Omar W. Hannet
Sent: 18 June 2007 16:13
To: modssl-users@modssl.org
Subject: Re: SSL by Domain Name Error

Rob Archer wrote:
> Anybody have any suggestions ?

> Have created the key through open ssl and configured apache (using
> http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=3DApacheSSL

instructions) and
> can access https via the IP address of the web server but not the
> domain name. When trying to get the to the webserver via the

domain
> name through https it says internet explorer cannot display this

web
> page. Using the normal http protocol I can get the "It Works" page
> through both IP address and domain name.
>=20=20=20=20=20=20
> Have tried to get around this by fiddling about with the virtual
> hosts settings but haven't found any solution. Can anyone help !!!

You might try adding a NameVirtualHost directive:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443

(Your own IP address in place of '1.2.3.4'.)

If that doesn't help, please show us the block for this
domain in your current Apache configuration.

--=20
Omar W. Hannet
http://www.allez-oop.net/

Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0z...GyOCrrhg=3D=3D
fMgBK8DIcc6MewdBLPY6HM3uCsIoIfWJQ!0Y2VdZHSsmugCwvz zwfe946vzFomHzKSVMo!xh
LH2GhBuaixmbErtfYMN4HkbPTCJC6Pv3JUYJ7cQJe9p9qcDVg+ Z43dzgaPp!JI8EBMOY08Pc
LiPsL1wg48Tzt71za7Vke8vo28dsU9mY8+kaYom to report this email as spam.