Sent: 18 June 2007 16:13
Subject: Re: SSL by Domain Name Error

Rob Archer wrote:
> Anybody have any suggestions ?

> Have created the key through open ssl and configured apache (using

instructions) and
> can access https via the IP address of the web server but not the
> domain name. When trying to get the to the webserver via the

> name through https it says internet explorer cannot display this

> page. Using the normal http protocol I can get the "It Works" page
> through both IP address and domain name.
> Have tried to get around this by fiddling about with the virtual
> hosts settings but haven't found any solution. Can anyone help !!!

You might try adding a NameVirtualHost directive:

(Your own IP address in place of ''.)

If that doesn't help, please show us the block for this
domain in your current Apache configuration.

Omar W. Hannet
Automated List Manager

fMgBK8DIcc6MewdBLPY6HM3uCsIoIfWJQ!0Y2VdZHSsmugCwvz zwfe946vzFomHzKSVMo!xh
LH2GhBuaixmbErtfYMN4HkbPTCJC6Pv3JUYJ7cQJe9p9qcDVg+ Z43dzgaPp!JI8EBMOY08Pc
LiPsL1wg48Tzt71za7Vke8vo28dsU9mY8+kaYom to report this email as spam.
Automated List Manager