2007/4/27, David P. Mott :
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, javier rojas wrote:
>
> > 2007/4/27, Phil Ehrens :
> >> Are you calling apachectl using the full path to the apachectl
> >> that knows where THOSE conf files are?
> >>

> > /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl restart
> >
> > to see if apachectl was reading the correct httpd.conf and it didn't
> > start the server....

> I don't know if this will help... I have an installation on linux (2.4.18)
> wherein apache is installed in /usr/local/apachessl2/, and if I issue the
> 'apachectl restart' command it will *not* start SSL.
>
> Instead, I must execute 'apachectl startssl'.
>
> You can see if you have this situation: just examine the apachessl script
> (using less, vi, or your favorite editor) and search for 'startssl'. In
> my script, it looks like it just boils down to a '-DSSL' being passed to
> the invocation of httpd.
>
> You may also want to invoke the httpd executable by-hand to see if it
> issues anything on STDERR, and also check the error logfile that you have
> specified in your .conf file. If Apache is getting that far, it will
> almost certainly give you some good feedback.
>
> Finally (or perhaps first), you may want to invoke 'apachectl -t' to have
> it check your config file for syntax errors. It will not only tell you if
> you've mistyped something, but in some cases it'll tell you that you've
> left something out or specified conflicting configuration options.

hello

if u comment the lines

in your ssl.conf file, everytime you start your server it will
automatically start support for ssl, so there's no need for
apachectl startssl

the problem is that in the log folder in apache2, theres no log file
for ssl, so i think apache is not starting ssl support

/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -t
Syntax OK

i didnt know this one, its very useful, thanks a lot!!!...

--
Ciao, Javier
linux counter #393724