I am trying to get SSL up and running on my new apache server. The
server starts up just fine and serves up regular pages on port 80, but
when I direct it towards the SSL port, Firefox give me an error:

"bv.miltonstreet.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message.
Error Code: -12263"

When I look at the apache error log, I get this:

client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/

what is strange is that I am not using /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/
anywhere in the httpd.conf file. I have searched and searched the
config file for htdocs and it simply is not there. Any thoughts?

P.S. Here is my complete httpd.conf file:

ServerRoot /usr/local/apache2
PidFile /usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid

Listen 80
ServerAdmin scarleton@miltonstreet.com
ServerSignature Off
User httpd
Group httpd
HostNameLookups Off
TimeOut 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
StartServers 5
MaxClients 150
MaxRequestsPerChild 1000
ServerTokens ProductOnly

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .inc
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .class
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .module

DefaultType text/plain

TypesConfig conf/mime.types
AddType application/x-compress .Z
AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

Order Allow,Deny
Deny from all

Order Allow,Deny
Deny from all

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Options None
AllowOverride None

Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log combined

LogLevel info
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log

DocumentRoot /home/www/brownvelvet

Listen 443

AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl .crl

SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin
SSLSessionCache shm:/usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_cache_shm
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 600
SSLMutex file:/usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_mutex
SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom 1024
SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/urandom 1024

DocumentRoot "/home/subversion"
ServerName bv.miltonstreet.com
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/server.key
SSLOptions +StrictRequire
SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1 +SSLv3
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \