Hi,

In apache documentation I only see references to "basic
authentication" be it with hashing or with a dbm file.

In windows asp.net also mentioned is a "forms-based authentication",
which I believe can also be implemented on apache. Is there a
walkthrough guide for anything beyond basic authentication on apache?

For example, how could I serve content based on username, how could I
send passwords in encrypted form? How could I make use of signed
cookies, maintain a session with the same user, etc. Any books to
cover such web development recipes using apache? Preferably using
mod_python?

Thanks,
Bahadir