Louise Hoffman wrote:
> Replying to my own post again.
>
> Even if I have stopped all daemons that uses libssl, I get the
> "module ssl_module is already loaded, skipping" error.
>
> Could there be something very wrong with my ssl.conf? I haven't made
> changes to httpd.conf because this howto doesn't do that:
> http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/Apache/apache-SSL.html

Hi Louise,

Two things you can check are your httpd.conf and ssl.conf files.
In mine, the httpd.conf file contains:

LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

and then just a few lines down:

#
# Load config files from the config directory "/etc/httpd/conf.d".
#
Include conf.d/*.conf

So this includes *.conf files listed in the conf.d directory (in
mine, this is on the same directory level as the "conf" directory
below /etc/httpd). My ssl.conf file is in this second directory and
has as one of its commands:

LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

This was triggering the same error you are seeing on your server.
I kept trying to find out why this module was getting loaded twice
and finally ran it down. I just commented out the "LoadModule..."
command in the httpd.conf file and the problem cleared up (since it
was only getting loaded once now instead of twice: once in the
httpd.conf file and again in the ssl.conf file).

I do not know if this will apply to your situation but it sounds like
it might be something to check. It took me a couple of hours of digging
around in the filesystem to find that one. I'm a noobie or I guess I
would have found it quicker. :-)

Patrick