Phil,

Is it the way I am building Apache or is Linux or Solaris hiding this
symbol? I've checked this on a gentoo build, but on my machine the
module has no symbols.

Details as below:

Apache/2.2.3
OpenSSL 0.9.8c
AIX 5200-09
*
nm mod_ssl.so | grep SSL_get_shared_ciphers
..SSL_get_shared_ciphers T 269028692
..SSL_get_shared_ciphers_139_116 t 269031772*

nm(1):

T Global text symbol.
t Local text symbol.

Regards,