Compiling Apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl and EAPI - modssl

This is a discussion on Compiling Apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl and EAPI - modssl ; I am trying to integrate my Apache 2.0.59 server with Sun One Policy Agent 2.2 on RedHat enterprise linux. According to their manual, in order to use SSL connections one of the following 2 conditions needs to be met: The ...

  1. Compiling Apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl and EAPI

    I am trying to integrate my Apache 2.0.59 server with Sun One Policy
    Agent 2.2 on RedHat enterprise linux. According to their manual, in
    order to use SSL connections one of the following 2 conditions needs to
    be met:

    The supported configurations for Apache HTTP Server are:
    - Apache HTTP Server without mod_ssl support
    - Apache HTTP Server with mod_ssl and EAPI flag

    I have validated everything works with my Policy Agent configuration by
    using the stock httpd rpm. What I am trying to do is test that SSL
    works, but can't figure out why httpd -V will never return -D EAPI.

    Here is what I did to attempt to compile:
    - downloaded source from httpd.apache.org
    - added the openssl-devel rpm
    - set environment variable CFLAGS=-DEAPI
    - ran configure with the following options:
    ../configure \
    --enable-so \
    --prefix=/opt/apache \
    --enable-layout=Apache \
    --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
    --enable-shared=max \
    --enable-module=most \
    --enable-ssl \
    --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl \
    --enable-rule=EAPI

    - run make
    - run make install

    if I go to /opt/apache/bin and perform httpd -V, I get the following
    output:
    Server version: Apache/2.0.59
    Server built: Oct 17 2006 12:56:38
    Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:12
    Server loaded: APR 0.9.12, APR-UTIL 0.9.12
    Compiled using: APR 0.9.12, APR-UTIL 0.9.12
    Architecture: 32-bit
    Server compiled with....
    -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
    -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
    -D APR_HAS_MMAP
    -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
    -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
    -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
    -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
    -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
    -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
    -D HTTPD_ROOT="/opt/apache"
    -D SUEXEC_BIN="/opt/apache/bin/suexec"
    -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
    -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
    -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
    -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
    -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
    -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

    if I execute a httpd -l I get the following:
    Compiled in modules:
    core.c
    mod_access.c
    mod_auth.c
    mod_include.c
    mod_log_config.c
    mod_env.c
    mod_setenvif.c
    mod_ssl.c
    prefork.c
    http_core.c
    mod_mime.c
    mod_status.c
    mod_autoindex.c
    mod_asis.c
    mod_cgi.c
    mod_negotiation.c
    mod_dir.c
    mod_imap.c
    mod_actions.c
    mod_userdir.c
    mod_alias.c
    mod_so.c

    I watched some of the messages go by and it looked like it was
    compiling some of the entries with -D EAPI but it obviously didn't.

  2. Re: Compiling Apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl and EAPI

    I have gotten a little further. I am told that the Sun documentation
    isn't very clear and that the EAPI switch only pertains to apache
    versions prior to 2.x.

    So, I am now stuck with apache dying with messages similar to the
    following:
    [Tue Oct 17 18:43:58 2006] [notice] child pid 15261 exit signal
    Segmentation fault (11)

    I have traced this to be the Sun Access Manager policy agent code,
    since if I remove its entry the web server operates normally.

+ Reply to Thread