Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi Eriks,

Thanks for the tip regarding Tumbleweed & WebCullis. I'll definitely have
to do some research.

Paul,

One of my web searches pulled up the fact that HP-UX has a OCSP enabled
version of mod_ssl. Seems to be a lucky break for you. Hope that works
out.

I have experienced a large memory hit anytime certificate checking is
performed against the CRLs (some of which are 13 MB in size) in the range of
75MB per Apache server instance. Luckily we aren't that busy, or we would
definitely be feeling the pain.

BTW, I've been reading a bit about mod_nss
(http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Mod_nss). This module sounds
interesting, but it isn't supported on HP-UX. I'll have to give it a try
and I'll let the list know the results (if I can find some time to play with
it).
Thanks again,

Dwight...

---