Hello all,

I am hoping someone can clarify this for me:

I am using OpenSSL with Apache2 on windows server. I do not believe
that my ssl.conf file is being read when I start the apache service
although it is included by http.conf.

I found a snipet online indicating you either need to start apache
with -D SSL, or comment out the IfDefine tags in the ssl.conf. When
I do either of these and restart the apache service, the service will
not start.

If I do neither of these things, the service starts but I cannot
access pages via https. So my question is two-fold:

1. Why will the service not start when the IfDefine tags are
commented out. Is it because apache is now trying to parse the
contents of ssl.conf but running into something it doesn't
understand? If so, wouldn't this show in error.log?

2. Is there a more appropriate forum or mailing list to take my
troubles to?

Thanks!