I am moving our primary webserver to use CAC/PKI client validation
using the SSLVerifyClient functionality in mod_ssl.

I have run into a problem where POST'ed form information is dropped
when Apache does an internal redirect when using SSLVerifyClient.

Configuration: Apache 2.2.3 / mod_ssl 2.2.3

Problem Statement: From a directory in htdocs space a directory exists
(say http://myserver.com/monitor/) with a .htaccess with the following
directive:

DirectoryIndex /cgi-bin/app.pl

When a html form is point to this directory (action=/monitor/),
normally the app.pl program receives both GET or POST form information.
However when I set the directive

SSLVerifyClient require

in the httpd.conf file I no longer receive the POST query.