------=_Part_5802_12525336.1145972232568

Every item the browser requests, such as images, comes from a
unique/distinct connection.

So the links to the other web servers will result in independent connection=
to the other web servers. So you should be good to go.

On 4/24/06, Vishwas wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have few doubts, the scenario goes as below.
>
> Scenario: There are 4 SSL-enabled Apache servers {A1, A2, A3, A4}, all of
> them independently controlled and have valid certificates. Now, a "user" =

on

4
> servers. The links to these images are specified in the HTML file using "
> https://A[1-4]/..."
>
> Questions:
> 1. A request for https://A1/~user/index.html<https://A1/%7Euser/index.htm=

l>comes, The requestor is going to get a SSL connection from A1. And the
> content from A1 to the browser is flowing through the SSL-tunnel. I think
> only the files that reside on A1 are going to flow through this tunnel fr=

om
> A1 to the browser!? And the files from A2, A3, and A4 are flowing through
> separate SSL-tunnels to the browser!? Then the browser shows only one
> PADLOCK symbol, will it be for A1? YES. Then what about the SSL-connectio=

ns
> from A2, A3, and A4? How does browser tells its user about these
> connections?
>
> 2. Or does A1 brings the files from A2, A3, and A4 that referred inside
> the "index.html" file by the "user" and serves to the browser?
>
> Am confused. Because my understanding was SSL is Secure socket layer, and
> one cannot tamper with this tunnel. And I used to think, when I ask the
> browser to open some URL, it opens a connection (by obtaining a socket, s=

ay
> 56789, from underlying OS) to the port 80 of URL server. Now I feel, if t=

he
> URL page has objects residing on other servers, my browser opens separate
> sockets (different from 56789) for these objects.!? Please clarify my
> doubts. Or point me to some guides et al.
>
> Thank you for your patience.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Vishwas.

------=_Part_5802_12525336.1145972232568

Every item the browser requests, such as images, comes from a unique/distin=
ct connection.

So the links to the other web servers will result in independent
connections to the other web servers.  So you should be good to go.

On 4/24/06, ername">Vishwas <ivishwas@gmai=
l.com
> wrote:
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-le=
ft: 1ex;">
Hello there,

I have few doubts, the s=
cenario goes as below.

Scenario:
There are 4 SSL-enabled Apache servers {A1, A2, A3, A4}, all of them
independently controlled and have valid certificates. Now, a "user&quo=
t; on
A1 designs an HTML page (
index.html) that refers to images from all the 4 servers. The links to
these images are specified in the HTML file using "https://A[1-4]/.=
..."

Questions:
1. A request for=20