------=_Part_8654_23422614.1145921583966

Hello there,

I have few doubts, the scenario goes as below.

Scenario: There are 4 SSL-enabled Apache servers {A1, A2, A3, A4}, all of
them independently controlled and have valid certificates. Now, a "user" on
A1 designs an HTML page (index.html) that refers to images from all the 4
servers. The links to these images are specified in the HTML file using "
https://A[1-4]/..."

Questions:
1. A request for https://A1/~user/index.html comes, The requestor is going
to get a SSL connection from A1. And the content from A1 to the browser is
flowing through the SSL-tunnel. I think only the files that reside on A1 ar=
going to flow through this tunnel from A1 to the browser!? And the files
from A2, A3, and A4 are flowing through separate SSL-tunnels to the
browser!? Then the browser shows only one PADLOCK symbol, will it be for A1=
?
YES. Then what about the SSL-connections from A2, A3, and A4? How does
browser tells its user about these connections?

2. Or does A1 brings the files from A2, A3, and A4 that referred inside the
"index.html" file by the "user" and serves to the browser?

Am confused. Because my understanding was SSL is Secure socket layer, and
one cannot tamper with this tunnel. And I used to think, when I ask the
browser to open some URL, it opens a connection (by obtaining a socket, say
56789, from underlying OS) to the port 80 of URL server. Now I feel, if the
URL page has objects residing on other servers, my browser opens separate
sockets (different from 56789) for these objects.!? Please clarify my
doubts. Or point me to some guides et al.

Thank you for your patience.

--
Best Regards,
Vishwas.

------=_Part_8654_23422614.1145921583966

Hello there,

I have few doubts, the scenario goes as below.

S=
cenario: There are 4 SSL-enabled Apache servers {A1, A2, A3, A4}, all of th=
em independently controlled and have valid certificates. Now, a "user&=
quot; on A1 designs an HTML page (
index.html) that refers to images from all the 4 servers. The links to thes=
e images are specified in the HTML file using " 4]/..">https://A[1-4]/..."

Questions:
1. A request for=
=20
https://A1/~user/index.html com=
es, The requestor is going to get a SSL connection from A1. And the content=
from A1 to the browser is flowing through the SSL-tunnel. I think only the=
files that reside on A1 are going to flow through this tunnel from A1 to t=