--0-1328011060-1140804579=:74674

Hi:
My question relates to the possibility of selectively enabling digital en=
cryption vs. digital signing when using the mod_ssl with Apache 2.0.=20
=20
The motivation for the tradeoff is due to performance.
=20
So ideally, we might want to enable a client to login using a secure fo=
rm over https that would be encrypted.
=20
However, once logged in, the subsequent client requests [for documents]=
could be served up using digital signing. Encryption may not be strictly=
required.
=20
I was wondering if it would be possible to install mod_ssl, Apache2.0, =
a thwate/Verisign server certificate and be able to serve the login form =
over https/encryption and the subsequent documents over digital signature=
s.
=20
If this is possible, could you pl. point me, or tell me what I'd need t=
o do in terms of the configuration file?
=20
Thanks in Advance.
=20
Arjun Khanna.

=09
---------------------------------
--0-1328011060-1140804579=:74674

Hi:
My question relates to the possibility of selectively enablin=
g digital encryption vs. digital signing when using the mod_ssl with Apac=
he 2.0.

The motivation for the tradeoff i=
s due to performance.

So ideally, we might=
want to enable a client to login using a secure form over https that wou=
ld be encrypted.

However, once logged in, =
the subsequent client requests [for documents] could be served up using d=
igital signing. Encryption may not be strictly required.
&nbs=
p;
I was wondering if it would be possible to install mod_ssl=
, Apache2.0, a thwate/Verisign server certificate and be able to serve th=
e login form over https/encryption and the subsequent documents over digi=
tal signatures.

If this is possible, could=
you pl. point me, or tell me what I'd need to do in terms of the configu=
ration file?

=20
Thanks in Advance.

Arjun Khanna. v>

Relax. Yahoo! Mail=20
http://commu=
nications.yahoo.com/features.php?page=3D221">virus scanning helps det=
ect nasty viruses!
--0-1328011060-1140804579=:74674--