------=_Part_18799_14095359.1138715738996

On 1/30/06, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On 1/30/06, Konstantin N. Bezruchenko wrote:
> > Because we already have password-protected certificates, and as i know
> > we cant remove password protection from existing certificate.

> That's not correct. Your certificate is not password protected...
> your private key is. And you can definitely remove the password from
> the private key.
>
> From the OpenSSL documentation:
>
> To remove the pass phrase on an RSA private key:
> openssl rsa -in key.pem -out keyout.pem
>
> To remove the pass phrase on a DSA private key:
> openssl dsa -in key.pem -out keyout.pem

Thanks for the correction. Guess I was close but no cigar...

--
"But we also know the dangers of a religion that severs its links with
reason and becomes prey to fundamentalism" -- Cardinal Paul Poupard

------=_Part_18799_14095359.1138715738996

On 1/30/06, ername">Cliff Woolley <jwooll=
ey@apache.org> wrote:
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
On 1/30/06, Konstantin N. Bezruchenko <
>bk@syshalt.com
> wrote:
> Because we already have password-pro=
tected certificates, and as i know
> we cant remove password protecti=
on from existing certificate.

That's not correct.  Your certificate is not password pro=
tected...
your private key is.  And you can definitely remove =
the password from
the private key.

From the OpenSSL documentation=
: