You could possibly use stunnel to set up a persistent
ssl connection. Connecting up to a local port with
just http (only listen on localhost). I believe the
sessions are reused with stunnel. It's extra config
but quick to setup.

Regards
Matt

--- Jeff Ambrosino wrote:

> Hi Georg,
>=20
> after I emailed the list, I found this info:
>=20

http://www.covalent.net/resource/doc....0/userguide/=
html/sslconfigure.php#1176550
>=20
> It appears that the Apache/mod_ssl
> "SSLProxyProtocol" directive lets
> you limit the ciphers that the proxy will use (as a
> client) to the
> back-end server. I also found the following
> research report, which
> talks about performance of SSL protocol and various
> ciphers:
>=20
> http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~bhuyan/papers/ssl.pdf
>=20
> I'll continue to work on this and report back to the
> list if/when I
> find something conclusive. In the meantime, if
> anyone on the mod_ssl
> list has further suggestions, I'm all ears
>=20
> thanks
> JB
>=20
>=20
> On 10/19/05, Georg Oppenberg
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > by chance I stumbled over the same problem here

> today. I'm very
> > interested in answers you receive. Maybe you can

> write some sort of
> > summary for the mailing list.

> [...]

> modssl-users@modssl.org