> > Ah, right. You'll also need to ensure that the initialisation order all=
ows
> > the engine to be properly initialised (including maybe some control
> > commands to prepare anything the engine needs) *before* the key is
> > loaded. I have a vague recollection that this isn't the case? Though I
> > could be wide of the mark here.

> I think init of the engine may be ok, but I'm not sure where my
> problem lies right now. Maybe in password input, or somewhere else...

Yep, passphrase entry is at least part of the problem with calling
ENGINE_load_private_key. After a few different attempts, I'm a bit
stumped. The load key call wants a UI* passed to it, which eventually
has UI_process() called on it by the engine. I've tried various ways
of stuffing the modssl_read_bio_cb_fn pointer and the server rec into
this structure, with a custom flush function which'd get called by
UI_process. I haven't been able to test this approach yet, since it
appears that openssl's UI_STRING and UI_METHOD structs aren't declared
in a way that works in ui.h. For instance, any mention of
sizeof(UI_STRING) brings an incomplete type error. Any help would be
appreciated, I may not be using the ui interface correctly.

Thanks,
Kent

--
Kent Yoder