> Ah, right. You'll also need to ensure that the initialisation order allow=

> the engine to be properly initialised (including maybe some control
> commands to prepare anything the engine needs) *before* the key is
> loaded. I have a vague recollection that this isn't the case? Though I
> could be wide of the mark here.

I think init of the engine may be ok, but I'm not sure where my
problem lies right now. Maybe in password input, or somewhere else...

> > Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info. I guess the next step is to poke
> > the apache2 guys for openssl 0.9.8 support. I did try compiling 2.1
> > beta with it without luck.

> I'd suggest you contact Joe Orton - in fact he's probably on this list
> too. If the 2.1 beta (and/or cvs HEAD) don't properly handle 0.9.8, then
> there's a problem.

Yep, I was wrong about this.. I'm working on 2.1.8 right now which
compiles fine. I'll post when I can narrow down the problem any more.

Thanks for the help,
Automated List Manager