On October 4, 2005 10:56 am, Kent Yoder wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> > Sorry I didn't notice this earlier. I added some hooks to modssl ages
> > ago to support engine ctrl-commands if that helps. In fact you may
> > have to

> Thanks for the patch. I don't think I'm going to be able to
> accomplish what I wanted with control commands though. Basically I
> need my engine's load_privkey function to be called if
> PEM_read_PrivateKey fails, or perhaps explicitly with some option to
> modssl.

Ah, right. You'll also need to ensure that the initialisation order allows=
=20
the engine to be properly initialised (including maybe some control=20
commands to prepare anything the engine needs) *before* the key is=20
loaded. I have a vague recollection that this isn't the case? Though I=20
could be wide of the mark here.

> Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info. I guess the next step is to poke
> the apache2 guys for openssl 0.9.8 support. I did try compiling 2.1
> beta with it without luck.

I'd suggest you contact Joe Orton - in fact he's probably on this list=20
too. If the 2.1 beta (and/or cvs HEAD) don't properly handle 0.9.8, then=20
there's a problem.

> Updated patch attached...=20

Thanks :-)

Cheers,
Geoff

=2D-=20
Geoff Thorpe
geoff@geoffthorpe.net
http://www.geoffthorpe.net/

M=EAme ceux qui se sentent pas des n=F4tres, ne nous voyant plus =E0 genoux,
seront, plus que jamais, chez eux chez nous.
-- Loco Locass