Hello, I am trying to setup apache to use a PKI (I think that is what it is
called)... So each client will have to already have a public key to have
access to my 'secure' apache server. I might hand out 5 of these public
keys, and I want only those users to have access to this server.

My issue is this.. I cannot find my CA's certificate file (so I can tell
ssl.conf about it via SSLCACertificateFile).

I have run CA.pl -newca and then it creates these files:

>>--<<

[root@localhost demoCA]# ls
cacert.pem careq.pem certs crl index.txt index.txt.attr index.txt.old
newcerts private serial
[root@localhost demoCA]# ls -R
..:
cacert.pem careq.pem certs crl index.txt index.txt.attr index.txt.old
newcerts private serial

../certs:

../crl:

../newcerts:
EC895C0D3F2DC916.pem

../private:
cakey.pem
[root@localhost demoCA]#
>>--<<

but now where is the file I tell ssl.conf about via SSLCACertificateFile.

Sorry to bother you'll, but I have been trying to find this out nearly all
day.. without sucess

thanks for any input!
Lee