Hmm.. 10k -100k are pretty much guaranteed numbers..

So my main computer crunching will be done at the beginning? (and to relive
this I can do session key caching.. how long can I cache a key? is this
'secure'?) (also.. all transfers will be ~15megs in size)

And using a single server is out of the question?

If we just go with one server.. shouldn't it be something super fast.. amd64
1gig ram?

thanks!
Lee