AFAIK this is not possible with a virtual host.
However there is no reason you can't run each virtual
host as it's own server (split off into own config,
use the -f and -d options). It really depends on the
your load and flexibility requirements. Currently some
servers I manage have 50+ apache servers. While not
the best for memory and efficency, the flexibility is
good.

Regards
Matt

--- Sourabh Bhandari