A team member was able to find a working solution (issue: single IP, two
domains, one domain requires client auth, the other domain plain SSL,
both functional with same apache instance using virtual hosts):

NameVirtualHost :443

:443>

ServerAdmin adsfasfsa@asdfasfds.com
DocumentRoot /var/www
ServerName =20
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log common
=20
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
=20
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
=20

SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth 5=20
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server-calist.crt
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData +OptRenegotiate