Hi All,

I'm using Apache 1.3.31 with mod_ssl 2.8.17 and
OpenSSL 0.9.7d binaries. I use RSA based self signed
certificates for SSL communication.
My httpd.conf has the following SSLCipherSuite

SSLSessionCacheTimeout 600
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData

But, in a freshly installed server, the server doesn't
accept any requests and I get the following errors
repeatedly in the Apache error log

mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server, client (OpenSSL
library error follows)
[Mon May 23 13:37:43 2005] [error] OpenSSL:
error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no
shared cipher
[Hint: Too restrictive SSLCipherSuite or using DSA
server certificate?]

I browsed the modssl FAQ and got, that sometimes
regenerating certificates helps. I regenerated the
server certificates, but I'm still facing the same

Has anybody experienced such an error ? Any help is

Thanks in advance,

Do You Yahoo!?