André Warnier wrote:
> Maybe this is the time to ask.
> I am using Linux Debian, and getting Apache 2, perl and mod_perl 2
> from there (apt-get).
> I have never been quite sure which mpm the packager decided to
> configure, as the apache2.conf contains parameters for prefork,
> pthread and perchild. So,
> a) which is the best way to find out ?
> b) if it happened to be "worker" or something, could I just change
> that to "prefork", or is there more to it ?
>
> (Also so far, even if it is using a threaded mpm, it does not seem to
> have any deleterious effect on my systems, which are pretty stable).
>
> Thanks

../httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.54
Server built: Sep 25 2005 00:31:31
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:9
Architecture: 32-bit
Server compiled with....
-D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"

The -D APACHE_MPM_DIR tells you which MPM your apache is using. In
order to change MPM's you need to recompile apache, and quite possibly
mod_perl as well, i have no idea how you'd accomplish that on debian
using apt.